Friday, October 31, 2008

Will the Y chromosome cause that?



Happy Halloween.


I tripped out to the mall this morning and walked a whole 12 minutes. My joints ached this time unlike the last time when my legs got shaky, like muscle overuse. "Time" here refers to events. The "last time" being that interim period post hospital and pre transplant when I had a little bit of freedom. and "this time" being post transplant when I have a little less freedom than last time. (Watching all the political ads is affecting my lexicon.)


When we arrived home, Dad was blowing leaves. Smiling and having a great time. He made us wait at the end of the driveway while he blew them out of the garage. Mom remarked on how happy he was handling that blower. And I said "Just like the guy at the lake who comes down and runs the power washer all weekend." Janice warned "It's the Y chromosome. It could happen to you, Cathi!"


That's fright enough!

3 comments:

Robbie Stanley said...

Ha! Sounds like a nice day out there. Great pic of the jack o'lanterns; enjoy the evening.
Love,
Robbie

Unknown said...

Hiya dear
hope you had a good weekend and get to do some mall walking this coming week.

Looking forward to the next update. it's Ganguly again today isn't it?

love #2 GOT

Anonymous said...

So this lady is shopping in the store. A female clerk comes up to ask if she needs help. She replies "I am buying a gift for my brother. What do you get for the man who has everything?" The clerk responds, "How about my phone number?"

This is my joke of the day, but I will keep my day job. More to come, but keep this one in mind if she is cute.