Wednesday, July 29, 2009

the big word

Pneumonia!

Now it's been said. That's what we're dealing with primarily in the right lung. Tomorrow we have a thoracentesis scheduled. Might be viewed by some as awfully late in the day, but it looks like a good idea to me and I'm the patient. I'm not looking forward to the procedure so much, as I am to later in the day when the effects of less fluid will be felt by me, the patient.

I have been listening to ipod tunes from classical to soothing. Samuel Barber Adagio for Strings, Beethoven strings. Music box waltzes. So I really should fill in with a couple more things. Merely an excuse to spend more time in the itunes store.

I am taking more pain meds and working crosswords puzzles. Combined with the itunes that seems as soothing as anything I've done lately.

Keep writing because I am still reading. My own writing is tough. I fall asleep in the middle of a sentence and when I wake up I either can't remember where I'm going or I've gone of with an odd statement and I cant remember whatever that's about so I delete and start back at the beginning.

I reckon I am entering a period of no recall....when I likely will not remember much of this so I am curious to see if those little close to home genes work. Anyway, lest I don't I'm signing off tonight.

Love Cathi

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Post! But I had to get up awfully early to get the spot. Just imagining I being woken for poking and prodding, like you have mentioned the joys of in the big house... ;o)

Like that those counts keep going up, keep up that work, but get plenty of rest there. Sending lots of clear lung Karma your way!

.....Nancy in DC on the way to NYC for a couple days.

Carla said...

Damn that pesky pneumonia!!!!!
But I'm glad they have finally figured out the problem and can go after the little devils! We're all thinking of you and sending lots love, hugs, prayers and plenty of ju ju! Let us know how the procedure goes.
Carla

Sara Beth said...

This pnuemonia will go away quick, because you have white blood cells! Hope the thoran..whatever gave you relief from the pain. Hugs to you.

Sara

Unknown said...

Ha ha - ju ju! A cocktail of ju ju and WBC and the brothers don't stand a chance.

I'm cooking spaghetti bolognese and listening to Paganini on my ipod. I'd like to say dressed in my apron and nothing else, but that would be a fib :)

sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers.
lots of love #2 GOT

gail said...

Cathi,

Yea that there is an answer to the mysterious "muscle" pain that wasn't going away. Yea that there are drugs that will zap those buggers. YEA THAT YOU HAVE WBCs to help get healthy!!!!

The iTunes selections sound very soothing and conducive to some restive dozing between prods & pokes.

Sending you tons of love and all the karma that can be sent - virtually & telepathically.

love, gail

Anonymous said...

This will be a big breakthrough for me if this gets to you.Testing 123 test test test. I read all the blogs and keep up with your condition.You might say I just check in to see what condition your condition is in.
If this works you will here more from me
Love
Nedra

BAMc said...

lol! These posts are gettin' wild. All this ju ju, karma, aprons and music from the '60's dancing in my head.

Hopefully Cathi you can bounce out from your well deserved rest periods to read these and smile.

Tunes are good, tunes are great.
Rest, rest, rest, heal, heal, heal...

word verification (wv): feent - payment due to mircosoft.

brianmargaret said...

Hi Cathi
This Family History research on the internet is addictive but we've given ourselves a break to read your blog!
Hope the pneumonia is decreasing and you feel better today as a result.

WBC = We're Being Confident !

Love from us both, Margaret & Brian