Friday, July 24, 2009

TMI

I think I call this "finally friday" today. What a crazy week, taken as a whole or day by day. Yesterday I headed to the clinic bright and early to get a CT Scan before seeing a provider. Scan was uneventful but when we got to the 3rd floor, they practically had admission orders when we walked in the door. They read the scan and the lungs were worse; more fluid under my right lung. My color was awful.

So they drew blood and sent me off to the hospital, Room 4101. I was really grateful that Robbie did laundry Wednesday night. Wednesday's clinic visit was spent mostly in debate about going back into the hospital or going home.

Dr. Aljitawi was making rounds at the hospital and he said "you shouldn't be here. The scan is better." The Pulmonary doctor wouldn't even come in my room. Various respiratory therapists came and went through the day, each one imparting some bit of information that I'm not entirely sure I need to know.

Robbie left to run errands like get me clothes and hospital necessities like real kleenex. Even after Dr. Aljitawi was certain he didn't want me in the hospital, we didn't see any way I was going to get out without spending at least one night. But one should not underestimate Dr. Aljitawi. He had strings to pull that seemed to be unending. The ultimate was a visit from a different pulmonologist who said "you don't need to be here" (along with a ton of other stuff I didn't want to know.)

About 7:30 or 8pm last night we finally got on the road home. Not really any the worse for the wear but I'm sure there are more gray hairs in my bald head.

I slept good. I feel good this morning. Each day, the pain is a little less. Each day I must exercise more which I feel ready to do.

But I am NOT going into the clinic until after noon today. And I am about to call the clinic and make my wishes known.

Cathi

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Really can't believe I have the pole position!

My question, is this situation like "too many cooks spoil the stew"? good grief.

Unknown said...

Gosh - what a palava. Hope they get their collective act together today.

Good to hear you slept well and the pain is lessening. What's your exercise regime now you're home?

lots of love #2 GOT

BAMc said...

Cathi, it was great to step out the virtual-world here in the blog and get to see you in person today! You are doing remarkably well for all you have been through. Especially what you and Robbie went through yesterday.

You have an awesome network of family and friends. I am fortunate to share in two of them within my circle with both Robbie and Carla. Guess it's all about those degrees of separation.

I forgot to get your e-mail so just e-mail me at the one on my business card and I will send you my resume. Then at your convenience we can see where I might be able to help a little with your business while you recuperate.

Enjoy home and the sunshine.

~Barry

Sara Beth said...

Ohhh that dreamy Dr. Aljitawi, he is a prince! So glad the pain is lessening each day. Telling the clinic how the schedule shall be is the right idea, I think.

Sara

Diane said...

So what happened on Friday? Seems everyone is taking care of you. They just need to let the other know what they are doing. Better to many, than not enough. Today is Anna's 4th Birthday. Can you believe it? She gets older and I don't.
I'll eat cake and think of you. We shared some great birthdays for our kids. Now they don't want to have them anymore either.

gail said...

Sounds like you summoned enough energy to kick some rear ends - along with Dr. Alj's help (and according to Sara he has a nice rear end too). LOL.

Taking over and telling the clinic when you will be there is a great sign Cathi! I'm so glad you're feeling better every day and the pain is going away.

Keep kicking butt - it all counts toward exercise!!!

Big hugs and lots o' love.

-gail