Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

1. Nurse woke me up at 3 am to begin procedures to get ready for the thoracentisis (drawing the fluid off the longs.
2. Was awake pretty much from 3 to 7 and the surgery being rescheduled and unscheduled and more platelets rolled in to the requirements. The nurse was doing something to me all the time and she was a bit messy. I was always rolling over into wet spots or some syringe cap.
3. At 7:30 the Pulmonary Doc "train wreck" pulled in; they seemed so pleased with themselves that I thought they were here to take me to surgery. But no, they explained "no surgery this morning" blaming it all on my counts.
4. My counts were low on platelets and red blood cells. But it must have been low on something else because I checked my phone for text responses from Lori and realized they were all still sitting on my phone!
5. *****************WBC are 1.0 this morning********************
6. **************Brain cells are way way down this afternoon*******
7. Every time I wanted to take a shower I heard a "not now, Cathi"
8. My room wasn't cleaned until about 5pm this evening. Trash cans were very overflowing. Everyone who comes in here has to gown up in a different bone marrow gown every time. Makes for a lot of trash.
9. aljitawi was very complimentary.
10. Most mouth sores have lost the original scab but will scab over again.
11. Plan a chest x-ray early tomorrow morning, after sleeping with oxygen-thin blood)


I'll try to remember more so I do an update.

4 comments:

gail said...

I get pole position!?

Cathi - it sounds like you watched a parade today as they came in and out of your room. I hope you at least found part of it entertaining! You seem to be managing the parading to the best of your ability. I can't wait to see you in charge once you have the thoraci-whateveritis and have the full force of your lungs. LOL.

Will see you soon!

love, gail

wv=oxylest, noun, old english. the act of needing less oxygen as your health increases.

Unknown said...

What a carry on! Hope you get to take a shower soon.

You say your brain cells are way down but your blog says differently. Keep that sense of humour intact. We all love your updates.

Sending vibes for a better day today.
lots of love #2GOT

Diane said...

Today will be a better day. No train wrecks. You can set them straight on getting your room clean, may be they are waiting on their tip. Happy thoughts to you and a long shower.
Love
Diane

Walt said...

So were was Willie yesterday to clean your room yesterday. You should have saved more Sunday adds for her. Bummer the procedure was put off for a day. Glad to see all the fluids out of your body yesterday. Good luck this am. Sending good thoughts from MN, in fact as entertaining as this meeting is, I am sending a whole lot of thoughts. Walt