Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feel like S-H-I-T

I get pain meds every two hours, and I am the biggest wuss I know right now! As long as I sit still for those two hours all is fine. If I try to do something really ambitious like use the toilet, the peace and calm is ended. Stay tuned for updates on this one.

Other notes, because at this point in time, blogging is ambitious.

  • Even though we have exposed the "P" word, we have not heard the accompanying "F" word to go with it (fungus,) meaning there is a prayer of uncovering the cause of this rise in in pneumonia.
  • The thoracentesis yesterday was successful. None of these things would even be on the table for discussion otherwise.
  • The number of bags hanging on the IV pole has been reduced by half. I am now taking only one anti-biotic, one anti-fungal, one anti-viral, a couple of pain meds, MULTIPLE anti-nausea meds and one anti-dementia drug. (seeing if you're as awake as I am. I can't remember what the last medication is. And one immune suppressant drug.
  • Counts continue to rise. Platelets were over 50 today!!!! Get me a normal toothbrush. Woo hoo!
  • White count is staying in the normal range.

Nedra, your post stuck and stayed. I'm most anxious to hear your interpretation of the verification words. LOL Though PLEASE do not let that keep you from posting! It is not a requirement.

That's all folks. All I can stay awake for.

Much love.

Cathi

9 comments:

gail said...

Pole position in mid-afternoon. Woohoo.

Wait - maybe I need some of your anti-dementia drugs Cathi! har.

You sound absolutely wonderful my dear - despite the pain and the bags and the number of drugs.

Wait - when I was visiting we wrote down everything you were taking on the board. We filled up the board with words I cannot spell. Okay, I can spell Fentanyl and Reglan. But, the list was endless. It sounds like you're not on as many - even though they are pumping you full of meds to cure you of whatever it is in your lungs. The number sounds somewhat manageable.

AND YOUR NUMBERS ARE GREAT. Have fun brushing your teeth! It gladdens my heart to see you so excited.

Today's wv for me: fishicav. The redneck word for Thoracentesis.

Robbie Stanley said...

Wonderful to see the post today! Thoracentesis done, a real toothbrush - celebrate! Then lay low, hunker down; it'll get better again.

my w.v.: dishe = what's sold in olde shoppes.

Unknown said...

Great counts. Real toothbrush. Things are on the up.

Sending lots of positive vibes and healing love. hope you feel less grim today.

#2 GOT

wv: torice. Torrid Horrice.

Anonymous said...

Good morning. It's wonderful day in the neighborhood. Things are better - no pain to gain. You're doing great. How do you keep up with all the meds? Let alone spell them. Wish I was there.
Diane

Diane said...

S --She's
H --Honest
I --Impeccable
T --Talented

BAMc said...

Lay low and take it slow…

Enjoy these posts. I know they are keeping me grining.

To further encourage Nedra to post, copy and paste this link in your browser for a trip back in time…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ8k6fVe25k

wv: medistsl – a concoction of medicines.

Anonymous said...

Now you done something,A lead line I can understand ,a real grabber.I have had my eye worked on 3 times now.I will pass along what helped me.
Do what the doctors say,tell your self jokes,tell other people jokes,and try really hard to enjoy your drugs .Here is a joke,my eye Doctor,s buss card has an eye ball on it.What is pictured on my proctologist card.And the answer is MY X HUSBAND. Love & Kisses Nedra

Mags said...

Hey! Although the pneumonia definitely does suck, your counts are great and you can brush your teeth the usual way now...how grand! It truly is the little things in life that we learn to appreciate more when things get out of wack or don't go our way.

Hope you are enjoying relief from the Thoracentesis and filling in the holes on your iPod.

We miss you and hope to see you very soon!

Love-
Margaret and Craig

our word is pedho. Craig and I decided to google our word...doesn't look so good. (Loli) Pedho is a pamphlet put out in Germany that encourages "Incestuous Pedophilia as Healthy Sex Ed". Way to go Google/Blogspot. I think we'll go back to writing phrases with our words.

Sara Beth said...

Hope yiur are feeling better and thr IV bags are still decreasing.

W.v. Gription : traction of the hands.