Saturday, August 8, 2009

1 forward, 1 back

Marking time in other words.
I slept in the recliner last night, or tried to. Not much sleep but I did manage to get by without painkillers. I have a new Fentenyl patch which seems to be dulling the pain, or else the pain is improving on its own.
Today I have slept several times. A first this week, day time naps. I hope that I will sleep tonight and wake up a new woman.
I have eaten a little bit and not thrown up very much. One pill to be exact....but have kept down quite a bit of food.
I think the keys right now are sleep and food. I must get food to start staying down, including pills. Mom has been reading to me the "Guernsey Literary Society, et al" It is entertaining and she is a good reader. Besides just absolutely beautiful to watch.
I think I have the steroid psychosis on the run, or I wouldn't be able to sleep today. Had a web cam session with Harrison today. I look like a really sick old woman, to my dismay but I think the session was at my worst point today.
I have walked several times today. I'm very weak, but still making progress. My oxygen is about down to zippo but I still need it. The lungs are just not quite pulling enough on their own.
And that's the news that I'm fit to reveal. Except perhaps to tell you that Dr. Aljitawi and I had a happy hug when we saw each other this morning.
Cathi

7 comments:

Sara Beth said...

How nice to be read to by your Mother. Sounds like a better day than some have been recently. I bet you are home soon!

Hugs,
Sara

BAMc said...

Remember all that you've been through. It sounds more like 1.8 forward! Steady progress. Keep up your regimen. Some walkin’, some restin’ and recoverin’. You’re on a good pace forward.

Unknown said...

Hello dear, just checking in and you sound like you're on the right path. Take it gently and you'll get there.

love #2 GOT

wv - cistoi

Robbie Stanley said...

A new day, a new week. You're inching closer to health and freedom, step by step. You will get there; we will get there together.
xox

Anonymous said...

Just returned from a trip to Mom's. We celebrated her 80th Birthday with a party for 85 on Saturday. She looked great. It was a pretty good trip, just a few bumps and hicups. Got home at about 11:15 pm.
Take care. Every step counts.
Love
Diane

Walt said...

Cathi,
Great to share the paper with you on Sunday. Glad to see you spent the day with only tossing your cookies in the am. Have a great week and be kind to the nurses.
Walt

gail said...

You sound like you feel so much better! Keep you food down and let's get you home! Did Dr. McGuirk show up today? Does he trust you & Dr. Alj a bit more (I wouldn't). har.

love, gail