Friday, August 21, 2009

TGIF - Day 53

Back to the clinic this morning to see a provider. They were all absent yesterday! My counts were good, my weight was up and I got more privileges.

I can go to the grocery store if I wear a mask and go when it's not crowded.
I can eat take out food.
I can be outside with sunscreen and a big brim hat.

woo hoo! I haven't been in a grocery store in so long that is going to be a real treat!

I have chipmunk cheeks and chicken legs from the prednisone, but feeling good goes a long way. And besides I don't look so thin and poor. They will start tapering me off the prednisone next week. Hopefully none of the side effects in my gut reappear. Dr. Abhyankar was pleased with my progress. I have given up one pain patch and he suggested I might be ready to give up the second one. I'll see about that when the time comes.

Mom has just returned from the lake house and is making plans for the weekend when Debbie is coming to stay with me. I've done one trek on the treadmill and I may or may not do another. I'm looking forward to some different company for the weekend.

Just keep on trucking.
-Cathi

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounded like a million in your posts, how wonderful to see!! You make me even want to go to the grocery store and see it in a new light. ;o)

Have a wonderful weekend, we're thinking of you.

Big Hugs!!!
Nancy in DC

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are going to get out. When I first got out after they put the buckle on my eye I looked like I had taken a bad beating .If people stared at me I told them I was having trouble with my pimp. With the mask you could say your in the witness protection program.Just remember Im trying to help. Love and Kisses
Nedra

BAMc said...

It's getting better all the time...

The weather is perfect. Enjoy the outdoors and new places and faces.

If your trucking, don't forget your bell bottoms. Keep moving forward!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Cathi! You are doing JUST great. I love the posts about the potential garden plans, and love to hear that you are very slowly gaining weight. All good stuff.

Tom is out at Camp Naish tonight to put the sash on several ordeal members. He's mtg with Rob Jones this week to pull together a huge history of Troop 91, maybe in my current unemployed state I can help him formulate this so it is a certifiable document for people to use in the future about the Troop history. (don't worry....you will be featured, even if NOT an official scoutmaster....I know there are people who are critical to this org who have given their heart and soul to it, who must be included....and WOMAN, you are sure one!!)

Better close before I write too much for the blog site. Know we're all thinking of you. Paul started classes on Thursday and Leah leaves for a job in Seattle next Tuesday. With kids born 7 years apart, I'm going through major Life Adjustment at this moment. Never expected to experience the Empty Nest syndrome in quite the way it's hit me over the head. Alas. Sometimes the best made plans.....

BIG STRONG HUGS.

Sara and Tom

Unknown said...

Hope you're having a great weekend with Debbie, making the most of your extra priviliges.

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly!

lots of love #2GOT

wv - velesp. Don't know - conjures up behaving fast and loose!

gail said...

wow - from hospital isolation to supermarket privileges in the short span of a few days. You are doing FABULOUS! (Please share what the grocery store is like at 5 a.m. when there are very few people there. That is a time I will likely never see the inside of a supermarket. LOL)

Am working on the web cam set-up for your virtual Winfield experience. If Key West can have a web-cam on every corner, there is no reason we cannot add a camera to their set-up from Key Winfield.

Happy Sunday!

Love, gail

wv: powyel. verb. the noise one makes when you are walloped upside of the head.

Anonymous said...

Hope the weekend was great. You have so many choices, how did you make up your mind on what to eat? So happy for you!
Happpy Monday!
Diane

Walt said...

Cathi,
Great news on the Dr. visit and the new privledges. Seems strange to say the grocery store was a privledge. But I am sure you enjoyed the Jack's take out for dinner. Missed you this weekend, and still thinking of you and pulling for you. Walt

WV- Promies - the underclassmen that help get ready for Prom, but can not go yet.