Monday, August 24, 2009

Uneventful Clinic Visit

I waited til today to post so I could tell the results of my clinic visit, but it was pretty unremarkable. Everything status quo. I start tapering off the prednisone, but very very slowly and I will be on it past the 100 days. This suits me just fine. I am not about to complain.

With the "mini transplant" protocol that I had, even though the preparation this time was stronger, the risks are higher than with a full transplant but they gradually taper off to about the same over the first 6 months. So I'm happy to have everyone watching closely and happy to keep taking the drugs.

The clinic was not horribly busy this morning either so I had a chance to visit and catch up with some of the nurses and that was fun.

Debbie spent the weekend with me while Mom & Dad played with their kids and grandkids. They got to spend time with all the youngest grandkids, Walt's 2 children and Rhonda's 2 children and Lori's 2 youngest children. Everyone seems to have had a great time. Rhonda and kids stayed at Walt's house, M&D at a hotel.

Debbie cooked and cleaned and looked after me and I gained 5 pounds. We had good conversation and watched TV. Didn't leave the house. I had company on Saturday which wore me out but I slept very well Saturday night.

I feel good today. I remember waking up in the hospital day after day not feeling great at all and wishing for just one day when I could wake up feeling better than yesterday; now here it is. I have very little stamina, but feeling good goes a long ways. The doctor said this morning that I am good enough to be left alone for short periods now. I can get up and down and around by myself. I forget to count my blessings sometimes. Last summer I couldn't do any of this.

~Cathi

6 comments:

BAMc said...

Ha! Pole!

Cathi - Celebrate 'uneventful!"

Great to hear about it and to understand the steps you are taking. You seem to have really found a balanced pace in your progress.

Enjoy.

gail said...

Cathi,

This is such wonderful news that you are doing just fine. It's nice to not have surprises from you!!

Sending you high-5s and lots of continued good karma!

love you bunches!
-gail

wv: flost. Noun. Describes the frosting on the cake feeling when a person can floss their teeth when their blood counts are in the normal range!

Nancy said...

Hey Cathi,

No news is definitely good news now. Enjoy your slow time feeling good as you soon will up running around busy as ever!

Love you!
Nancy from DC but in NE today...

Robbie Stanley said...

Greetings from South Carolina where the ocean is full of crabs and jelly fish. Enjoy all the privileges of your nearly-normal life - and what a treat it will be to be all by yourself again, even briefly. Have you been outside yet?
Take care, keep a balanced pace, as Barry put it.
xox

Unknown said...

Hello Cathi
Enjoy the uneventual and take time to build up your stamina.

Hope its not too steamy in KC and you can enjoy some fresh air outside.

lots of love #2 GOT

wv - pollo. Italian dish just waiting to be eaten by the GOTs!!

susank said...

It's SO good to hear your good news. At the risk of being repetitious..enjoy the slow pace...
Take care.