Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Feeling better

Today I felt noticeably better. I don't know if it's actual improvement or if it's due to cranking back up the prednizone but I'll take it.

Yesterday the full effect of the new dose of Prednizone kicked in and I was weepy all day, then didn't sleep good last night. I imagine sleeping is going to be the toughest part of this drug regimen. Fortunately the regimen includes other drugs for sleeping and relaxing and so on. Speaking of drugs, they are getting easier to take also.

This morning Dad and I ran errands and we went by the clinic to get some flushers (PICC line has to be flushed daily and we just ran out of supplies.) I stopped and weighed and I've gained 1 3/4 pounds since Monday. That felt great.

A scouter delivered some chicken and noodles Tuesday evening for supper and it tasted fabulous! Thank you Carolyn. It was the first thing that tasted good since this last round of chemo.

I've been able to do a few exercises on the Wii, and am still treadmilling. I'm not sure I'm ahead of the muscle decline but I'm doing my best. I'm traversing the stairs several times a day but still claiming a bathroom on the main floor.

I have really enjoyed everyone's comments on the blog about Hayward. This morning I remembered that now I can plant Black Eyed Susans in the backyard! I would plant them and he would eat the seed heads every year and they never came back. So perhaps I will have a new cutting garden next year.

So I feel more optimistic today. Looking forward to the clinic visit tomorrow to hear what the docs say. I'm only at the clinic twice a week now, typically Monday and Thursday. Hopefully we can keep it that way. So yes I have time to fill and so far I've been using it to plow through 7 weeks of personal and business mail.

This post seems a little disjointed. I'll blame that on the prednizone too.

4 comments:

Mags said...

Pole Position this morning! The message did not seem disjointed at all...I thought it was awesome to read about your future plans for your garden! You are looking ahead, moving forward, and setting goals. You are a fighter and will continue fighting and winning the war.

Love-
Margaret

Unknown said...

So many Hayward stories, so little space. I love the idea you can plant Black Eyed Susans and think of Hayward everytime you cut some!

I came across a photo at the weekend of Hayward in the lake - he never, ever tired of that game.

By next summer you'll be back swimming in the lake - but perhaps not playing fetch :)

Hope the news is good at the clinic today.

Take care, love #2 GOT

wv - jifilic. how your stomach feels after a particularly energetic burst on the Wii

gail said...

I love it that you can blame everything on Prednisone. You had trouble with the stairs: Prednisone. You had trouble reading the crossword: Prednisone. You can't get nail polish on straight: Prednisone.

Actually, you do sound wonderful and fabulous! Keep it up and hope all goes well at today's clinic visit!

love, gail

ps: Kamsten: Kathy (sic) Maynard Snell is a Ten.

Anonymous said...

Love hearing you are feeling better. I think of Hayward eating microwave popcorn - pre popped and all the other stuff in that bag.
FGIF! Only a week of work left.
I'm taking a break.
Take care.
Love
Diane