Monday, August 3, 2009

Tapering Off

I began tapering off the steroids yesterday.
I am breathing better, and easier.
The catheter came out this morning.
The peripheral IV line (in the opposite arm from the PICC line) came out yesterday.

All is well. all is better.
I walked several times yesterday and several today.
I am still vomiting occasionally, but less often.

I am still sleeping a lot but feel less demented than before
I can operate the television, but still cannot get the closed captions turned on (that might take more dementia.)
Walt came by tonight and left a list of questions for the doctor then stayed nobly through the latest round of vomiting, sigh.

Cathi

5 comments:

Sara Beth said...

You are the coolest, toughest person I know and am proud to share some genes! Glad to hear you are improving and all things bad are lessening.

Hugs and kisses (remotely germ free of course)

Sara

Robbie Stanley said...

Hard to catch the pole position around here! I'm happy that you're on the other side of the steroids, catheter AND dementia - what a trifecta to go through in only a couple of days. Whew! Now you're breathing easier, which must feel good, and able to keep a little food down. Things are looking good for getting outta there pretty soon. Rest easy tonight,
xox

w.v.: fulla, as in, "i'm SO fulla dis pasta."

gail said...

Demented has never been a word I would use to describe you. Discombulated - maybe - but NEVER demented! Unless you have a doctor named Dr. Demento. har.

You sound like you feel ever so much better. Taking that LONG trek down the hallway and back is fabulous. And fewer puking moments is defnitely worth a celebration of sorts.

I'm trying to avoid the w.v. since it will make your eyebrows go up. BUT I waited long enough that it gave me a new one.
(It was "ovullub". Lullaby - go with it.)

New one is enlytu. A Broadway Showtune with an accent. Only YOUUUUUUUUU.

Sending humongous hugs and much love,
-gail

Walt said...

Cathi, If I can play a round of golf & keep my pants off my ankles, you can get your tail over this. There is hope for us both.
Get well, keep your cookies down and give it hell....
W.V. - persycle - A term used to define phases of Gails boyfriend changes. As in recycle. Person recycling

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathi, Shane told me your Brother worked for John D. I did not know that when I got those John D. boots for your Grandson ,but I was feeling very strong karma at the time. Sounds like your are doing better and I always like the sound of that. Sending you much white light and all my LOVE.
Nedra