Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good News from the Lab

After a blue day yesterday, and very long day at the clinic, today's blood work showed real progress. If the levels remain this good for 2 more days, I can skip a day at the clinic. woo hoo, maybe I'll get the weekend off!

Nurse Mary was on duty today and she explains things so thoroughly to me that I feel like I understand exactly what is going on in my body. When some things are low, others should be high. All according to plan and presenting more signs of engraftment.

My joints still ache but not as much, with one exception. The tailbone. Ever think about that joint? only when it hurts!

I figure at this rate my diet restrictions will be lifted before I can taste those things I miss. Today's craving is for apples. Fresh, cool, crispy apples. And the outdoors. All in good time.

Signing off before I get maudlin.
Cathi

4 comments:

gail said...

I am guessing it is actually good news that you are having cravings for food. At least your taste sensors have not flown the coop!

We are having an autumn in Denver this year. This is the first time in many many years that we have not had snow, even a brief one, by now. The weather has been lovely, the leaves on the aspen trees have turned beautiful shades of gold. And the occasional maple and other hard woods add to the beauty. It will all be gone by the weekend (according to the weather guessers) when we finally get some moisture in the form of snow. Maybe.

Tell me, what other occupation can you be wrong at least 70% of the time and still keep your very high paying job and be admired and be famous around town? Weather guessers really have it made.

Sending you lots of love and good karma for continued excellent blood work!

love, gail

Robbie Stanley said...

Greetings from Vermont, where leaf-peeping season is peaking here in the Champlain Valley. We've had a beautiful autumn and lots of tourists on giant buses (good for the state coffers).
Cathi - good news on the blood numbers! And the days are passing, however slowly. Hang on; it'll be getting better. Do what you're doing - except maybe get a softer pillow to protect your tailbone?
Love, Robbie

Unknown said...

There's so much I take for granted, like being able to go for a walk on the Common surrounding our home whenever I chose. Our trees are only just starting to turn, but we can't ever compete with Vermont! Robbie, I've never seen it but Cathi and I have talked about visiting one year - so watch out!

My friend Sarah has just sold her house (in the current climate a miracle) and is renting a beautiful old cottage deep in the country with 6 mature apple trees in the garden. I went over for lunch last month and we picked BAGS - each tree is a different old-fashioned variety. And the taste is magnificent, so different from shop-bought.

Cathi, you're magnificent too, for being so brave and focused on the job in hand. This time will pass. Keep up the wonderful blood work rate - have you had an ache in your funny bone yet? :)
HVH & lots of love
#2 GOT

Anonymous said...

Cathi,
Time to add some excitement back into things. I am starting with a top ten list of things to do when you get out.
10. Convey your opinion of the baggage surcharge by USAir to the ticketing agent in a close up conversation... Because you can
Oh and glad to hear you are getting better. Just don't kick me out in 90 days this time!