Thursday, October 23, 2008

Privileges

I now have mall walking privileges and guest privileges. The mall walking feels like a hall pass. I am looking forward to that as much as seeing friends. I have lost some strength during the confinement of the last 30 days.

Guests! I can have guests. One or two at a time. Very clean, no touching and sit yea so far apart. Don't come if you have a drippy nose or anything else, or if you have been exposed to such in the last 3 days. (I know...how can you live your life this time of year without encountering someone with a cold.) Anyway, I'm sure that plenty of people will qualify and I'm anxious to see people again.

I saw Dr. Abhyankar today and he was just full of good news and very friendly. Occasionally the question still comes up, "Could I have done anything to prevent this?" And the answer is always, "probably not, don't torture yourself." It just happens.

I have enough hair on my head now that it looks dark and Mom & Janice are encouraging me to go without a hat and wear big earrings. Which of course means someone will have to dig them out of my house. I've no idea where my earrings are at this point. The yoga bricks have never shown up so I am using rectangular kleenex boxes instead. So far I have not crushed one. Which is more an indication that I can't stretch down even that far, than that I have good balance. I did find my MP3 player this week which has been missing since before I got sick.

The problem with going hatless is that my head gets cold. I do not understand why the bald head is so popular among men these days....it's freezing!

Clinic visits appear to be down to twice a week. I don't return until Monday. The counts are stable. We are back to flushing the PICC line daily here at home...always an exciting event!

And I no longer keep peanut butter in the fridge, Diane. Because Conor made fun of me for it.

Cathi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The peanut butter thing made me laugh. Cold is good. We have cooler weather here and it is a blessing. Maybe two showers a day are over for awhile. Loved your posting. Mall walking is great, I can't think of a better purpose for a mall.
love
Diane

Robbie Stanley said...

OMG!! You're moving forward so quickly now in regaining your health and "normal" life, whatever that means. Mall walking AND guests - you'll be seeing clients and running errands before we know it. Such great news; congratulations! Also good news about the hair regrowth, although I thought it was a pretty good look for you :)
Enjoy!
Love, Robbie

Unknown said...

I eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches, is that an option for you??

Great to hear about mall walking and guests, you'll be doing your own Christmas shopping at this rate!

Don't overdo it :)
love #2GOT

gail said...

Have you figured out how to get one of those "take a number" machines for all the guests that want to come see you??

You "crack" me up! (back at ya) haha

What a relief to be able to leave the house for more than a clinic visit and to be able to eat peanut butter on whatever you want to eat with it. (PB in the fridge doesn't turn rancid like room temp does - unless you consume it quick enough that it's still fresh to the bottom.)

I'm so excited by your big plans! I will have a toast to you at the dinner I'm having with friends Saturday night. They are all on my list to send you good karma & healing thoughts.

love you bunches.

-gail