Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just letting everyone know that I am still here and still feeling good. I finished plowing through the insurance paperwork that is in my hands yesterday. A real slog, but something that was too discouraging to do til now.

Last night I had my first guest. Peggy joined Janice and I for dinner. Janice is a great cook and she tries new recipes often. We critique them and decide whether it's repeatable or not and what might make it better. However, last night was comfort food, meatloaf and baked potatoes. and salad of course!

I have one more gift that I am trying to locate the giver. Lavender body lotion and pillow spray. Anybody remember? So far I have discovered two gifts that I thanked the wrong person for! sigh. This is what happens when you lose your memory. I'm grateful that didn't seem to happen this time, though feel free to remind me that it has if it did. (if you can make sense of that sentence....)

Today we are taking another field trip to see "St. Norman's Cathedral", the new house that Sally and Norman are building near Paola. It is, apparently, very large; and set up on a high hill. Thus the local's name for it. (Janet, I do not believe it has a steeple to designate it Norman or Saxon as in England, but I will report back.)

Everytime we flush the PICC line, I think about getting it out. Now that the subject has been introduced, I am anxious to get it out of there. It will mean more sticks, but those will get fewer and further in between. There are two little valves hanging out of my right arm just above the elbow. If the dressing is not just right, they crunch against each other in the crook of my elbow, usually pinching some skin in between. Plus I can't easily wear long sleeve shirts, at least for clinic days. Something that would be comfortable these days.

Today is my niece, Margaret's, wedding in Lexington, KY. I am hoping that someone in attendance sends me phone pics so I can see what is going on. Conor and Annie are counting down the days to the due date...22 to go. whoop whoop.

Later, Cathi
p.s. and I identified the "Soup Nazi" post on the blog! LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, what kind of steeple have Sally and Norman plumped for?! Great to hear you're starting to get out and about a bit.

We've had some dreadful weather this weekend. Hundreds of fell runners/walkers were unaccounted for in the Lake District on Saturday during a flash flood. Thankfully, all but 3 had turned up when I last heard the news.

So we're hunkering down for the winter now. You need long sleeved top privileges!!

lots of love #2 GOT